We organize community service projects to address poverty in our communities.
We draw attention to hunger and homelessness in order to raise awareness and make these issues a public priority.
We meet people’s immediate needs by raising money to support local agencies that are fighting poverty.
We build public support for real solutions that will bring an end to hunger and homelessness.
- Today, we’re publishing our new research report, “Hunger On Campus,” on the issue of campus food insecurity. We kept hearing from students about this growing problem on campuses across the country. In order to better understand the issue, we partnered with several other groups to carry out a nationwide survey. We ended up surveying 3,765...
- Over the past two weeks, Louisiana has been hit by catastrophic flooding, in what is being called the worst natural disaster to strike the U.S. since Hurricane Sandy. Southeast Louisiana was struck by torrential rainfall beginning on August 12th, with some communities receiving more than 20 inches of rain. The storm dropped...
- May 25th marked the 30th anniversary of “Hands Across America,” one of the nation’s largest and most famous actions to end poverty. On this day in 1986, six and a half million people formed a chain called Hands Across America to raise money and awareness about the nation’s hungry and...
- The city of Flint, Michigan, is in a state of crisis. For more than a year, the city’s water has been dangerously contaminated, leading to nationwide outrage. The problem begin in April 2014, when in an attempt to save money the city switched from drinking water provided by the city...
- Every year during the week before Thanksgiving, we hold National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. This year, more than 500 campuses and communities will participate!
- Hunger is a reality everywhere – even on college campuses. Students who are fighting campus hunger now have a new resource – our friends at the Student Government Resource Center have published a new guide on how to set up a campus food pantry.
The National Student Campaign Against Hunger and Homelessness is committed to ending hunger and homelessness by educating, engaging, and training students to directly meet individuals’ immediate needs while advocating for long-term systemic solutions.